Welcome to the State Personnel Board
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action: Extension of Probationary Periods
- Final text - 2016 SPB Procedural Regulations - effective 1-1-2018
- Second 15-Day Notice Period, Good Faith and Correction of Appointments
- Special Investigation Report, California State Board of Equalization
- 2017 Report to the Legislature - Compliance Review and Special Investigation Activities
- 15-Day Notice Period, Good Faith and Correction of Appointments
- Limited Term and LEAP Appointments Regulatory Action Approved
- 15-Day Notice Period, 2016 Procedural Regulations
- 2016 Annual Report to the Legislature - Whistleblower Retaliation Complaints
- Final Notice for Limited Term and LEAP Appointments
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action: Good Faith and Correction of Appointments
- NOTICE OF FILING AND PRINTING ONLY: Cancellation or Withdrawal of Notice of Rejection
- NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF REGULATORY ACTION: Career Executive Assignment (CEA) Appeals