Welcome to the State Personnel Board
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- Appeals Online System Unavailable 5:30 p.m., June 23, 2017, until 7:00 p.m., June 23, 2017
- NOTICE OF APPROVAL OF REGULATORY ACTION: Career Executive Assignment (CEA) Appeals
- 15-Day Notice Period, Limited Term Appointments and LEAP
- Notice of Filing and Printing Only: Job Applications
- Appeals Online System Unavailable 6 p.m., May 19, 2017, until 9 a.m., May 22, 2017
- Classifications, Examinations, and Selection Process Regulatory Action Approved
- Notice of Filing and Printing Only: Classification, Examinations and Selections
- Board Issued Precedential Decision H, K - Precedential Decision No. 17-01
- Notice of Board Approval on Classifications, Examinations, and Selection Regulatory Package