Welcome to SPB
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- Justification for Cost Based Savings Contracts 2016
- Leap Manager's Report Regulatory Changes are Approved
- Record Retention & Merit Principle Regulatory Changes are Approved
- Career Executive Assignments and Vacant Classes Regulatory Changes are Approved
- State Personnel Board reelects officers
- Delegation Listing
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month 2015
- 2015 Report to the Legislature, Compliance Review and Special Investigation Activities