Welcome to SPB
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- Notice of Intention to Amend the Conflict-of-Interest Code
- State Personnel Board Elects Officers for 2014
- October is National Disability Awareness Month
- SPB Releases Special Investigation Reports into Additional Appointments
- SPB Resolution re Japanese Ancestry during WWII
- State Personnel Board Elects New Officers for 2013
- Governor appoints Lauri Shanahan to the California State Personnel Board