Welcome to the State Personnel Board
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- Extension of Probationary Periods Regulatory Action Approved
- Good Faith and Correction of Appointments Regulatory Action Approved
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action: Petitions to Participate in Examinations
- Final Notice for Extension of Probationary Periods
- Final Notice for Good Faith and Appointments
- Justification for Cost-Savings Based Contracts
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action: Extension of Probationary Periods
- Final text - 2016 SPB Procedural Regulations - effective 1-1-2018
- Second 15-Day Notice Period, Good Faith and Correction of Appointments
- Special Investigation Report, California State Board of Equalization
- 2017 Report to the Legislature - Compliance Review and Special Investigation Activities
- 15-Day Notice Period, Good Faith and Correction of Appointments