Welcome to the State Personnel Board
Established by the State Constitution, the State Personnel Board (SPB) is charged with overseeing the merit-based, job-related recruitment and selection process for the hiring of state employees who provide critical services to the citizens of California. SPB provides direction to departments through simplifying civil service laws, rules, and policy. In addition, SPB audits departments for merit system compliance.
SPB also investigates and adjudicates alleged violations of civil service law which are filed by employees, applicants, and members of the public.
- 15-Day Notice Period, Applications, Transfers, and Special Assignments
- Special Investigation Report, California Department of Industrial Relations, April 2019 | Special Investigation Report, California Department of Industrial Relations, April 2019 - Text Only (RTF)
- State Personnel Board Website Unavailable 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m, Saturday, April 27, 2019
- State Personnel Board Elects CalPERS Representative
- Justification for Cost-Savings Based Contracts
- State Personnel Board Elects 2019 Officers
- Petitions to Participate in Examinations Action Approved
- 2018 Report to the Legislature - Compliance Review and Special Investigation Activities
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Action: Applications, Transfers, and Special Assignments
- 2017 Annual Report to the Legislature - Whistleblower Retaliation Complaints
- 15-Day Notice Period, Petitions to Participate in Examinations
- Extension of Probationary Periods Regulatory Action Approved
- Good Faith and Correction of Appointments Regulatory Action Approved